FORGIVE ONE ANOTHER
“Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the LORD forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.” Colossians 3:13-14 (NIV)
- Make the verse personal
LORD, help me bear with _______________ and forgive _______________. I have a grievance against _____________. I choose to forgive ______________ as YOU forgave me. And I choose to put on the virtue of love over all others, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Give us unity. Start with me as I actively choose to forgive.
- Spend time with those in your household
Plan a time to discuss the need for forgiveness around the dinner table or while swimming in the pool or just sitting on the porch.
- How does it affect me, our family, our community, our world when I choose to hold a grudge?
- Why is it so hard to forgive?
- Read and Pray other scriptures on Forgiveness
- Proverbs 17:9
- Ephesians 4:32
- Matthew 18:21-22
- Psalm 86:5
- Mark 11:25
- Public Acts of Forgiveness
Be intentional about your actions in your community.
- Forgive the cashier that messes up your order
- Forgive the driver that cuts you off or is driving slow in the passing lane
- Publicly apologize if you have publicly offended
- Give up your seat willingly to a visitor in church
- Contact that one that you need to forgive before the month is over